The nation is celebrating 67th Independence Day today (Wednesday) with renewed passion and abiding commitment to safeguarding the country against any threat and re-dedication towards nation-building, so today is the best day to share some facts about Pakistan You Won’t Believe But You Need To Know.
1) Actually, independence officially occurred at midnight on the night of August 14-15. Originally August 15 was celebrated as Independence Day.
2) Pakistan is the world’s second-largest producer of chickpeas, while number one is India
3) Pakistan has the sixth-largest population in the world, exceeded only by China, India, the United States of America, Indonesia and Brazil.
4) A baby is born in Pakistan every seven seconds.
5) From 1997-2008, Pakistan held the record for the world’s tallest cake, with a 105ft-high monster. This was overtaken in 2008 by a 108ft cake in Indonesia.
6) This year Pakistan set a world record for the most saplings planted in a day, with an impressive 750,000 mangrove tree saplings.
7) The name Pakistan means ‘land of the pure’ in Persian and Urdu.
8) In 1979 Abdus Salam won Pakistan’s only Nobel Prize by sharing the physics award.
9) Pakistan is the first Islamic country to attain nuclear power.
10) World’s youngest certified Microsoft Experts Arfa Kareem and Babar Iqbal are from Pakistan.
11) Edhi is running the World’s largest Ambulance network.
12) Pakistan’s national anthem tune ranks first in the top three tunes of the world.
13) Pakistan has the sixth largest military force in the world.
14) Fourth largest broadband internet system of world is in Pakistan.
15) World’s largest deep sea port is Gwadar.
16) About 50% of the world’s footballs are made in Pakistan.
17) Pakistan has world’s youngest civil judge, Muhammad Illyas.
18) The highest railway station of Asia is in Pakistan.
19) First PC virus was created by two Pakistani brothers.
20) LUMS, one of the most preferred university in ASIA, attracts students from Middle East, the Far East, Central Asia, and other parts of South Asia.
21) Ustaad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, hailed as the most important Qawwali singer of the 20th century and received many awards around the globe such as The “Legends” award at the UK Asian Music Awards (2005).
22) Air Commodore MM ALAM has a world record of shpoting down 5 planes in less than a Minute.
23) Pakistan is One of Oldest Civilization in the world.
24) In the last five years, Pakistan’s literacy rate has grown by 250%, the largest increase in any country to date.
25) The world’s second highest and the ninth highest mountains , K2 and Nanga Parbat respectively, are in Pakistan.
26) Pakistan is a multilingual country with more than sixty languages being spoken.
27) Tarbela Dam is the World’s largest earth filled dam and 2nd largest dam overall.
28) Pakistan is the second-most populous Muslim-majority country and also has the second-largest Shia population in the world.
29) The world’s highest paved international road, The Karakoram Highway, is in Pakistan which is the eighth wonder of the world.
30) Khewra salt mine, the second largest salt mine in the world is in Pakistan.
31) Shandur Top, World’s highest Polo ground is in Pakistan where Shundur Polo festival is being organized.
32) The ethnic composition of Pakistan is 97% Muslim.
33) World’s largest milk processing plant with Nestle.
34) India was kicked out from U19 world cup by Pakistan.
35) Pakistan is the only muslim nuclear power.
36) Pakistan has seventh largest collection of scientists and engineers.
Despite all the mishaps, destruction and loss, we’ve shown a lot of progress. So we should be Proud that We are Pakistan’s. Happy Independence Day to GENIUS Nation.